Middle School Trivia Club Allows Students to Show Their Smarts

Amy Yip and Madison Burnett

Trivia contests are being held for Holbrook Middle-High School students by Mrs. Golden, the media specialist. This was to help the middle school students practice for the Scholastic Challenge, a nationwide online trivia competition, in February.

Mrs. Golden says, “Trivia doesn’t benefit the school, it benefits the students because it tests their general knowledge and to learn in a fun setting.”

She goes to a lot of trivia events and thought that the students would enjoy it here at HMHS. Her hope is that around 30 students will participate in the scholastic challenge this year.

Alicia Kilian, a seventh-grade student in trivia, says that she joined because it seemed fun to participate in. She is excited about the Scholastic Challenge in February, as she was the top scorer at HMHS last year. Alicia wishes that we could have trivia more often.

If you want to be apart of trivia, you still can. Trivia will be held on October 30th, November 6th and 20th, and December 4th and 18th. You can can also take part in the Scholastic Challenge, which will be held in the month of February. 

High schoolers are also welcome. If you are a high school student and you want to join trivia, please see Mrs. Golden.