Haunted House Starts Spooking

Anthony Nguyen, Staff Writer

The second annual Holbrook Haunted House will be opened again tonight by the Holbrook Patrolmen’s Association. Held at 800 South Franklin Street, the haunted house will be open to the public from October 26 to 28, starting at 6 PM. As they are using the old Stop & Shop building, the location will allow for an expanded Haunted House and extra scares. On Thursday, October 26th, the scare factor will be toned down for family night. Admission is $10 for adults and $5 for children under the age of 12.

Freshman, Carrietta Jacques, commented on last year’s event, saying, “I thought the event was very professional for our small town. I saw dozens of friends there. It was a good time.”

The fact that this is a community event that gives back to the community in many ways makes it special.

— Officer Scott Glover

We asked Officer Scott Glover, the school resource officer and a member of the Holbrook Patrolmen’s Association, if he would recommend the event. He replied, “I would highly recommend the haunted house for someone that has never been there before.  The first night for someone that doesn’t want to be too scared.  The rest of the nights for a more frightening experience.”  Scott Glover also commented about what makes the Holbrook Haunted House special, saying, “The fact that this is a community event that gives back to the community in many ways makes it special.”

Not only will members of the Holbrook Patrolmen’s Association be volunteering, but a handful of students will too. Jessica West, a member of the high school drama program, remarked on why she will be volunteering. “It’s good experience for acting and contributes as community service.”