Senior Spotlight: Noah Hobart

Sarah+Ryan

Noah Hobart

Sarah Ryan, Editor in Chief

Noah Hobart is one of the youngest members of the senior class, but possibly one of the most active. Born and raised in Holbrook, Noah has been a part of this school system his entire life. For as long as he can remember, Noah has been a musician. He started playing the handbells when he was just eight-years-old and has been a part of the school choruses since fourth grade.

Since the seventh grade, Noah has been an essential member of the performing arts department. He’s always been respected as a leader in chorus, show choir, theater, and band. Noah plays the trombone, trumpet, tuba, and piano, as well as leading the bass section in chorus.

Noah’s performing experience, however, stretches beyond the walls of Holbrook High. He’s also active with the First Congregational Church of Randolph, singing regularly with their choir and starring in three of their theatrical productions. Most recently, Noah played the role of Nicely-Nicely Johnson in their performance of Guys & Dolls.

It is fitting that Noah is so well-known for his musical efforts, as he hopes to pursue a career in musical education. He says that he’s been keeping Westfield State University and UMass Amherst in mind. First, though, he plans to join the military and become a member of the United States Navy Band.

Noah’s talents are not limited to the realm of music. He is also an athlete, being a member of the baseball and basketball teams since middle school. In addition, he is a member of the National Honor Society and has been the secretary of his class since last year.

Noah notes that some of his favorite teachers include Mr. Riso, Mrs. Selby, and Mr. Gifford. When asked what advice he would give younger students, Noah replied “Get involved and do your homework.”